8 Uses for Tarps on Camping Trips
- Tent footprint: Place a tarp under your tent to protect it from the ground and provide an extra layer of insulation.
- Rainfly: Use a tarp as a rainfly to provide extra protection for your tent during rainy weather.
- Ground cover: Lay a tarp down on the ground as a barrier between you and the dirt, providing a dry and clean place to sit or sleep.
- Quick Shelter: String up a tarp between trees or other sturdy objects to create a shelter, providing shade or protection from the rain.
- Picnic area: Use a tarp as a picnic blanket or tablecloth, providing a clean and dry surface for eating and enjoying the great outdoors.
- Gear protection: Cover your gear, such as backpacks or camping equipment, with a tarp to protect it from rain and keep it dry.
- Sun shade: String up a tarp as a sun shade, providing a place to relax and stay cool during hot days.
- Privacy screen: Use a tarp as a privacy screen to create a barrier between your campsite and the neighboring sites.
Tarps are versatile and useful items to bring on a camping trip, providing protection and comfort in a variety of ways. Just be sure to choose a durable, waterproof tarp that is suitable for outdoor use.